On behalf of the Office of the President, The Women’s Place and Outreach and Engagement are accepting Ohio State internal nominations for the 2021 YWCA Women of Achievement Awards.
For more than 30 years, the YWCA has annually honored a select group of Columbus women who have made extraordinary contributions to their workplaces and communities as Women of Achievement. These women come from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. Each shares a deep commitment to breaking down barriers and creating opportunities for women in central Ohio.
If you would like an Ohio State woman to be considered for this honor, please review the following criteria and submit a nomination for those who exhibit some or all of these characteristics:
- Have an inspiring career (grass roots activists, educators, social justice leaders, artists, nonprofit leaders, corporate leaders, etc.)
- Have an inspiring service record that defies the status quo — lifting others as she rises.
- Have a life story that is interesting and unique — motivating others with her generosity, determination and/or courage.
- Support YWCA's mission of eliminating racism, empowering women, and promoting peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all.
- Do not currently serve on any of YWCA Columbus' two boards
- Are not employed by YWCA Columbus, including contract work
The OSU YWCA Women of Achievement Committee will review all Ohio State nominees and submit final selections to the YWCA. Nominations are due by Tuesday, August 18 at 5pm.
If you have questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important note: Please have the nominee's current resume or CV ready to upload to the online application. We encourage you to preview the online application to prepare your essay responses prior to completing the application — you cannot save an incomplete application and return to complete it. You must input all the required information in one sitting; your information will only be saved when you click on the final submit button.