The Women’s Place hosts the Black Women Faculty & Professional Staff (BWFPS) affinity group that provides networking, support and professional development opportunities for Black women employees at the university.
The BWFPS affinity group offers programs, a listserv, and sponsorship for professional development opportunities on and off campus. Learn more about BWFPS activities below.
- The Gathering — A monthly virtual meetup to engage in conversations on a range of professional and social topics with fellow BWFPS members. Past topics have included pay equity, personal health, homeowning, and mentorship.
- Listserv — The BWFPS listserv is the group’s primary medium for sharing university and community resources, event announcements, awards and recognitions. Over 250 women are currently subscribed to this moderated listserv.
- BWFPS Spotlight — A monthly feature on the BWFPS listserv to highlight the careers and achievements of individual employees.
- Peer Coaching — The peer coaching initiative within BWFPS pairs Black women staff members to offer feedback and support to one another in advancing their careers.
- Advisory Committee — The advisory council serves as ambassadors to the BWFPS affinity group by brainstorming meaningful events and communications for social networking, advocacy, mentoring and professional development.
Interested in joining BWFPS? Contact Daryl Griffith.