Are you interested in the advancement of all women at Ohio State? Would you like to make an impact on the working environment for staff and faculty women? A three-year President and Provost’s Council on Women (PPCW) term offers an exciting opportunity to work with dynamic people from across the university. Meetings occur monthly along with task force assignments that include work outside of the regularly scheduled monthly meetings. The president and provost will appoint members from the nominations.
If you are interested in applying for a position on the President and Provost’s Council on Women, please submit your application via the Qualtrics survey link at the bottom of this page. Applicants must have been employed at Ohio State for a minimum of two years to be eligible.
You will be asked to include the following in your application. Please have this prepared before you begin:
- Describe your leadership experience (personal or professional).
- A letter of recommendation in support of your application (two pages maximum). This can come from a supervisor, professional colleague, etc and should be on professional letterhead. The letter should address why the applicant would be a strong candidate and provide examples of the applicant's leadership experience.
- Statement of Commitment: up to 3,300 characters including spaces/approximately 500 words) that communicates:
- Why do you want to be a member of the PPCW?
- What is the greatest challenge facing women at Ohio State?
- Provide a specific example of how you have been an advocate for women.
- What is the difference between diversity and inclusion and why are both important for advancing women?
Please note: This form field is set up such that if your statement exceeds 3,300 characters including spaces, the extra characters will not be included in your submission.
The council will accept nominations fall 2020. Questions? Please contact Bella Mehta, PPCW Past Chair/Nominations Committee Chair.