Re-entry scholarships assist students who have interrupted their education, at any level, for at least two years and who intend to earn a degree at the undergraduate, graduate or professional school level. Award amounts vary. Funds can be used for tuition, books, childcare or other related educational expenses.
- Interrupted their education for a minimum of two years
- Can demonstrate financial need
- Are enrolled or will be enrolled at the time of disbursement in a degree program (undergraduate, graduate or professional) at Ohio State's main or regional campuses
- Preference given to those who are enrolled half-time or more
- Financial need
- Educational goals and potential for reaching those goals
- Academic record
Application deadlines for scholarships:
- The Special Scholarship Application should be available on the Student Financial Aid website in August of the preceding academic year that it will be applied to. For example, the Special Scholarships Application for the 2019-2020 academic year was available in August 2018.
- Applications must be submitted online. If you experience technical issues, please phone Student Financial Aid at (614) 292-0300.
- You must also complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by the Special Scholarship Application deadline to be considered for this scholarship.
- FAFSA application is available at https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/fafsa.
The awards process can take up to four months to complete. Students will be notified by Student Financial Aid by late June if they have received a scholarship for the academic year.
Contact: Student Financial Aid
Phone: (614) 292-0300 Toll-free: (800) 678-6440, E-mail: email@example.com