Critical Difference - Donate

Help advance education, careers, and research on women!

Ways you can make a difference:

Annual Gift

Make a "once a year" gift of any dollar amount to any of the Critical Difference funds, using cash, stocks, or bonds. Cash is often the most convenient form of giving. Cash gifts are fully deductible for federal income tax purposes, provided deductions are itemized. Make a gift

Multi-year Pledge

Make a pledge payable over three years. Pledges enable a donor to plan a personal giving program that is both convenient and tax-wise. A pledge may enable a donor to consider a more significant gift than would have been otherwise possible. Terms for payment on pledges are flexible and at the option of the donor. Make a gift

Endowed Gift

Establish a CD named endowed scholarship fund with a minimum gift of $50,000, payable over three years, using cash, stocks, or bonds. Make a gift

Planned Gift

Name CD as a beneficiary in your will; create a trust with CD as a beneficiary; set up an endowment description to be placed on file insuring your philanthropic wishes will be carried out. Make a gift

Make a Gift Online

Making an impact is quick and easy when giving online at

Making a gift to The Ohio State University is absolutely 100% safe and secure.

We understand that making a gift online, much like shopping online, can feel risky and uncertain. Where does your information go? How can you be sure that someone out there with a computer can't intercept your credit card numbers?

We have put in place firm privacy and security programs, such as VeriSign, to keep our site safe and secure for all our visitors. Maintaining your privacy is critical to us.

For online donations to CD, please visit the following website:
Critical Difference donation website

General Information

Have a general question about making a gift?
Send general questions about gifts to:

Each of the CD funds is identified by its own fund number. In addition, if you want to donate to CD and do not wish to designate a specific fund, you can give to the general fund.

  • Re-entry Scholarship Fund: Account Number 308720
  • Professional Development Fund: Account Number 308719
  • CD General Fund: Account Number 309677

If you are interested in donating to the Research on Women Fund, please contact the Department of Women's, Gender and Sexuality Studies.

For more information about how you can help Critical Difference, contact Jennifer Kirby, assistant director of development at (614) 292-8286 or