The Women's Place digital archive collection includes historical reports and documents related to previous efforts to improve the status of women at The Ohio State University.
Commission on Women and Minorities 1977
The Commission on Women and Minorities was charged to study and evaluate conditions, practices and policies that influenced the condition for women and minorities at Ohio State. The final report, presented in three volumes to President Harold L. Enarson in 1977, can be viewed below.
The Council on Academic Excellence for Women: Annual Status Reports (1987-1995)
CAEW was created in 1979 to develop activities and programs that promote the career development and networking of women. In 1987, CAEW began compiling information regarding the status of faculty, staff and graduate women at Ohio State. The annual reports can be viewed below:
- First Annual Status Report of Women (1987-1988)
- Second Annual Status Report of Women (1988-1989)
- Third Annual Status Report of Women (1990-1991)
- Fourth Annual Status Report of Women (1991-1992)
- Fifth Annual Status Report of Women (1992-1993)
- Sixth Annual Status Report of Women (1993-1994)
- Seventh Annual Status Report of Women (1994-1995)
Research on Attitudes of Faculty Women at Ohio State 1971
This historical study determines some of the attitudes of faculty women towards their positions as faculty members and as women in our society. Specifically, this survey attempts to answer whether faculty women perceive differences between men and women concerning employment policies, believe they are prepared to advance, have a desire to advance, hold traditional attitudes towards men and women and feel restricted by attitudes of those around them.